PhotoIreland is opening a new position for a part-time team member—a motivated and focused individual—to join us at The Library Project, Ireland’s Art Bookshop in Temple Bar, Dublin. The position will run for the busy Christmas period of two months. The post holder will be responsible for ensuring the smooth transaction of sales, actively contributing to healthy sales figures, daily upkeep of the bookshop, providing a welcoming environment and courteous point of contact for all visitors, as well as assisting with events such as exhibitions and book launches.
There is an opportunity to secure the position into a permanent full-time role in the new year, following the Christmas period, if the candidate is interested and suitable criteria has been met.
- This is a position of 2-3 days a week, including weekend work
- The position is for two months, starting 27th October, with the last working day 24th December (half day).
- Hours required should be flexible, to respond to peak activity period and based on staffing requirements
- The pay is €13/hour
- To run the retail operations online and offline, undertaking administrative duties, such as the process of online orders.
- Liaison with publishers, artists, and distributors.
- To provide consistent and high-quality customer service.
- To assist with The Library Project’s communications and social media.
- To help reach monthly sales targets.
- To ensure a smooth day-to-day running of the shop.
- Being aware of The Library Project’s events calendar and assisting with the preparations of the events, including launch evenings.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Previous retail and cash-handling experience is essential.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work on own initiative.
- Motivated, organised, reliable, with a pro-active and positive attitude.
- Though experience in the arts is not a must, knowledge of contemporary arts and culture will be valued.
How to Apply
- To apply, email your CV and a Letter of Motivation to email@example.com
- References are required and should be provided in the form of letters or contact information of most recent employment
The deadline for applications is 6pm 22nd October, with interviews to be held 23-25th October.
The position will start 27th October and the last day of work will be 24th December (a half day).
Additional Information for Applicants
You can find out more about us and what we do at the following pages: