Image: Exhibition of Ruben H Bermudez at The Library Project 2023.
****THE POSITION IS NOW CLOSED****
PhotoIreland is opening a new position for a part-time team member—a motivated and focused individual—to join us at The Library Project, Ireland’s Art Bookshop in Temple Bar, Dublin. The post holder will be responsible for ensuring the smooth transaction of sales, actively contributing to healthy sales figures, daily upkeep of the bookshop, providing a welcoming environment and courteous point of contact for all visitors, as well as assisting with events such as exhibitions and book launches.
- This is a position of 2-3 days a week, including at least one weekend day a week.
- The probation period is 3 months.
- Hours required should be flexible, to respond to peak activity period and based on staffing requirements
- The pay is €13.50/hour
- To run the retail operations online and offline, undertaking administrative duties, such as the process of online orders.
- Liaison with publishers, artists, and distributors.
- To provide consistent and high-quality customer service.
- To assist with The Library Project’s communications and social media.
- To help reach monthly sales targets.
- To ensure a smooth day-to-day running of the shop.
- Being aware of The Library Project’s events calendar and assisting with the preparations of the events, including launch evenings.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Previous retail and cash-handling experience is essential.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work on own initiative.
- Motivated, organised, reliable, with a pro-active and positive attitude.
- Problem solving and decision making skills a must.
- Though experience in the arts is not a must, knowledge of contemporary arts and culture will be valued.
How to Apply
- To apply, email your CV and a Letter of Motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org
- References are required and should accompany the application in the form of letters or contact information of most recent employment
The deadline for applications is 6pm 28th January, with interviews to be held 29th Jan-4th Feb.
The position will start 5th February.
Additional Information for Applicants
You can find out more about us and what we do at the following pages: