Running 5 Nov-6 Dec 2020
At The Library Project
Last year, we initiated a new event to take place during HALFTONE Print Fair, extending the celebration of the printed matter to the book format. This year, Tsundoku returns with an exclusive showcase of this year’s Fotobook Festival Kassel Dummy Award and the Australia & New Zealand Photo Book Award shortlists!
Visiting the Showcase
The showcase takes place upstairs in our library. If you are within 5km of The Library Project, you can book a safe visit to browse the Tsundoku showcase. It’s very important to note that the Tsundoku appointments are facilitated for one person only and if you also wish to visit the HALFTONE Print Fair, you must book a separate appointment. The bookings are for 30 minute slots, so if you think you will take longer, please book extra time. You will be required to use a face mask and use the hand sanitiser provided. If you are not able to visit the showcase, you can explore the publications online at the links below.
Fotobook Festival Kassel Dummy Award
This year, a total of 395 Photobooks from 44 countries were sent in to the 2020 Kassel Dummy Award. The selected shortlist resulted in 47 Photobooks, with 3 winners to be selected by an international jury at a later date. The winner of the First Prize will be produced and published. The shortlisted dummy books are exhibited in Kassel and at other partner international photo events, including PhotoIreland Festival.
Due to COVID, we were not able to exhibit it during the festival in July, but are glad to be able to bring it to Irish audiences this Autumn!
Kassel Dummy Award Shortlist 2020:
Australia & New Zealand Photobook Award
Over the last decade, Momento Pro’s Australia & New Zealand Photobook Award has highlighted the best work by antipodean Photobook creators. For the first time since the award was established in 2011, all the finalists’ books will be exhibited internationally, including making a stop at The Library Project this month.
As part of this showcase, you can partake in The People’s Choice Award by voting for your favourite ANZPA shortlisted book. Forms will be available at the venue where you can cast your vote. You can also let us know by email and we will record your vote.
ANZPA 2019 Winners
- Photobook Winner Apókryphos by Cherine Fahd and M.33, Melbourne
- Student Winner The Bridge by Matteo Dal Vera and Michael Weatherill at University of Technology, Sydney
- Commended Photobook Jump Into Bed With Me by Paul Knight and Perimeter Editions
- Commended Photobook Tem Bigato Nessa Goiaba by Cecilia Sordi Campos
- Student Commended The Moat by Oliver Hodgkins at Photography Studies College, Melbourne
ANZPA 2019 Finalists
- Banana Spider Bite by Jordan Madge and Bad News Books
- Imaanshaha by Saynab Muse and PhotoForum Inc
- Mongrelism by Jono Rotman, Here Press (London) and Images Vevey (Switzerland)
- Rear View Mirror by Jonathan May
- Still Looking Good by Alice Connew with Oliver Connew and GLORIA Books
- Tabriz to Shiraz by Sarah Pannell, Perimeter Editions and Hillvale
- The Man from Apophenia by David Symons
Explore the ANZPA finalists 2019 online →