Image: The Library Project during HALFTONE Print Fair 2022
***THIS POSITION IS NOW CLOSED*****
The Library Project is looking for a new team member, a motivated and focused individual, to join us at Ireland’s Art Bookshop in Temple Bar, Dublin. The post holder will be responsible for ensuring the smooth transaction of sales, actively contributing to healthy sales figures, daily upkeep of the bookshop, providing a welcoming environment and courteous point of contact for all visitors, as well as assisting with events throughout the year such as exhibitions and book launches.
This is a part-time position of two days a week (with at least one weekend day), starting on the week of 20th February, with a one-month trial period. The rate of pay is €12/hour. More hours may be required and available during peak activity periods or based on staffing requirements. The sales assistant will work closely alongside the bookshop’s Manager.
- To run the retail operations online and offline, undertaking administrative duties, such as the process of online orders.
- Liaison with publishers, artists, and distributors.
- To provide consistent and high-quality customer service.
- To assist with The Library Project’s communications and social media.
- To help reach monthly sales targets.
- To ensure a smooth day-to-day running of the shop.
- Being aware of The Library Project’s events calendar and assisting with the preparations of the events, including launch evenings.
- Expanding the bookshop’s stock through researching and suggesting titles.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Previous retail and cash-handling experience is essential.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work on own initiative.
- Motivated, organised, reliable, with a pro-active and positive attitude.
- Though experience in the arts is not a must, good knowledge of contemporary arts and culture will be valued.
How to Apply
To apply, email your CV and a Letter of Motivation to email@example.com
The deadline for applications is 6pm 12th February, with interviews to be held the following week.
The position will start the week of the 20th February.
Additional Information for Applicants
The Library Project is a venue ran by PhotoIreland throughout the year, closing every January and September. It is important for applicants to be aware of our activities throughout the years and our aims. You can find out more about us and what we do at the following pages: