PhotoIreland is looking for a new retail team member, a motivated, creative, and focused individual to join the team in running The Library Project, our art bookshop in Temple Bar, Dublin. The post holder will be responsible for ensuring smooth business operations, daily upkeep of the shop, providing a welcoming environment and courteous point of contact for all visitors, and assisting with the events and exhibitions held at the venue throughout the year. This is a fitting position for an ambitious individual, as there is an opportunity for career advancement towards a supervisory role.
Full Time Assistant for The Library Project
The position is full time, Monday-Friday, starting in February 2021, with a one-month trial period, progressing to a long-term contract. The starting rate of pay as €11/hour.
- To run the retail operations online and offline, undertaking administrative duties, such as process of online orders and deliveries.
- To assist with buying duties, liaising with publishers, artists, and distributors.
- To provide consistent and high quality customer service.
- To assist with The Library Project’s communications and social media.
- To assist with events and exhibitions throughout the year, including evening launches.
- To help reach monthly sales targets.
- To ensure a smooth day-to-day running of the shop.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Previous retail and cash-handling experience is essential.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work on own initiative.
- Motivated, organised, reliable, with a pro-active and positive attitude.
- Though experience in the arts is not a must, good knowledge of contemporary arts and culture will be valued.
How to Apply
Applications should consist of a CV and a Letter of Motivation, and should be sent to Julia Gelezova, General Manager, at email@example.com The deadline for applications is 6pm 10 January, with interviews to be held the following week. The position will start in February.
Additional Information for Applicants
The Library Project is a venue ran by PhotoIreland throughout the year, closing every January and September. It is important for applicants to be aware of our activities throughout the years and our aims. You can find out more about us and what we do at the following pages: