We felt it very relevant taking the opportunity this year to drive a wee bit of attention to the local produce during the festival, photographically speaking. We are confident to say that in Ireland many photographers and artists engaging with Photography have been producing outstanding projects, but that perhaps there has been a struggle to reach out to international audiences. Thanks to online magazines and Social Media some works have received recognition. In other cases, it was through personal efforts that exposure was gained in festivals and events abroad. But how about a collective effort?
In 2013, under the working title ‘Reviewing Photography in Ireland’, PhotoIreland seeks to represent the diversity of practices that constitute contemporary Photography in Ireland. Our aim is to offer a selection of work that would represent what the practice of Photography looks like in Ireland today, and bring it together in an exhibition that will take place simultaneously in Dublin, Cork and Limerick. The show will be illustrated by a special publication available during the festival. In November, the exhibition will travel to the NoFound Photo Fair, Paris, where your work will be presented to collectors, curators and other international professionals.
Do not miss this great opportunity to promote your practice in Ireland and abroad! Submit your works no later than 5pm on Friday, 1st March 2013.
Who should submit
The Main Show welcomes submissions by photographers and artists from Ireland & Northern Ireland, and those internationals based in the island, working on any theme. Please, make sure you read the guidelines.
5pm Friday 1st March 2013
- Be part of the main show in 2013.
- Be featured in PhotoIreland Festival 2013 catalogue and website.
- Participate in a simultaneous exhibition in Dublin, Cork and Limerick.
- Be featured in a unique publication about Photography in Ireland that will accompany the exhibition.
- Get your work seen by our international guests, portfolio reviewers and Book & Magazine Fair participants at a special presentation on July 11th 2013.
- Publication opportunities via our media partners in Ireland and abroad, on and offline.
- Participate in a touring exhibition: Exhibit and sell your work at the NoFound Photo Fair in Paris.
For a full list of details, schedule, curators, rules and FAQ, please visit the main show page.Find out more